The 7th edition of the annual EPFC workshop at Aquaculture Europe conference events will take place on August 25th, in Montpellier, France at the venue of AQUA2018.
13h00: Opening and welcome - update on EPFC group activities by Stefan Meyer, Knaq, Germany
13h15: Session I “Percids worldwide” - part I
- Status of percids in Europe by Damien Toner, BIM, Ireland
- Current Status of the Yellow Perch Aquaculture Industry in the US by Terence P Barbry, Wisconsin, USA
- Retrospective of a R&D project on the cultivation of yellow perch in a closed Recirculating Aquaculture System by Jura JUG-DUJAKOVIC, Sustainable Aquaculture Systems, Inc., USA
14h45: Break, refreshments included
15h15: Session I “Percids worldwide” - part II
- Lessons from the first 3 years with 500 tons Pike perch ongrowing farm; production and sale by Martin VESTERGAARD, Aquapri, DK
- Advances in applied intensive culture techniques of walleye Sander vitreus used in fisheries restoration efforts for Lake Champlain by Kevin KELSEY, Ed Weed Fish Culture Station, USA
- The use of in-pond-circulation system for pikeperch on-growing by Uros LJUBOBRATOVIC, NARIC-HAKI, Hungary
16h45: Session II “EPFC research agenda” - Introduction to “Future of EPFC” strategy plan by Stfan Teerlinck, Inagro, Belgium
17h00: Summary & closing of the workshop - Panel discussion with drinks, refreshments included
Please note, that the EPFC workshop is taking place in addition to the scientific conference session "Target species - Percid fish" chaired by Daniel Zarski.
The workshop participation is free of charge for all registered conference delegates and trade show visitors. For details on AQUA2018 and the registration for the conference and/or trade show, please visit the AQUA2018 website.
For registration for the workshop, please send an email to email@example.com.
DateSaturday 25 August 2018 from 12:00 to 18:00