- Give students/researchers connected to an EPFC-CG institute a chance to do research and achieve practical skills at an EPFC-CG company.
- Provide feed, technology, fish producers of the EPFC-CG the opportunity to solve a specific bottleneck or tackle an optimization need in their company's management, technic or production and provide the extra man/women power to (partially) do so.
- Bring students in contact with the exiting world of aquaculture and prepare them for a career in our sector.
- Provide specific knowledge for all EPFC-CG members, therefore the results of the project will have to be at least presented in an EPFC-CG webinar.
The research topics are all related to percid fish production.
- Optimization of the fish production parameters.
- Lowering the fish production cost.
- Technical approvements of the production techniques (optimization RAS, grading machine...).
- Feed optimization for percid fish.
For whom is the grand:
Students or researchers from EPFC-CG members.
Financial terms of the EPFC-CG grand:
- Only travel and accommodation costs of the student/researcher are covered: maximally 40 euro/day, maximum 3600 euro budget in total.
- All financial charges need to be accompanied by “proof of payment” and addressed to Inagro, according to Inagro financial guidelines.
- Consequently, all made costs need to be prefinanced.
Specific terms of the EPFC-CG grand:
- The consortium needs to consist of 1 student/research and his institute, and 1 or more companies.
- The stay at the company can be one uninterrupted period or a follow up of short stays (depending on the type of research) BUT at least one uninterrupted month you need to work/perform research at 1 company: this to gain substantial experience in aquaculture.
- First priority during the stay is solving the “research question”, second, equally important, is to gain substantial working experience in an aquaculture stakeholder company.
- As a researcher you will have to follow all employee regulations of the company that is hosting you.
- As an institute providing a student/researcher in the project you are obligated to support the project with scientific support when setting up the research.
- As a company you will provide all means necessary to conduct the research at your company including the costs that come with this (e.g., cost of extra analyses). You will treat the student/research like she/he is an employee of your company.
- Results of the project will need to be presented in at least one EPFC-CG webinar.
- All involved partners are equally (student/researcher, company, institute) responsible for the outcome of the project.
How to come to an EPFC-CG “research during working experience” project?
Firstly, this can be an initiative of a company:
In this case the company will push forward for himself relevant research or need for optimization. Make sure the research or optimization can be executed in maximally 3 months’ time (can be interrupted periods). The company will make his proposition to the EPFC-CG manager (Stefan.Teerlinck@inagro.be). The EPFC-CG manager will look for a suitable student/researcher and help the consortium (company, institute, student/researcher) to write an EPFC-CG “research during working experience” project.
Secondly, the initiative can be taken by a student:
Here the student will come up with a research or optimization proposal that she/he expects to be beneficial for one or more of the EPFC-CG members Companies. The student will make his proposition to the EPFC-CG manager (Stefan.Teerlinck@inagro.be). The EPFC-CG manager will look for a suitable company and help the formed consortium (company, institute, student/researcher) to write an EPFC-CG “research during working experience” project.
At last, the initiative can be taken by an institute:
The institute sees an opportunity to push forward our percid fish production and comes to the EPFC-CG manager with this idea. Again, the EPFC-CG manager will support this initiative by firstly forming and consortium, secondly helping to write a project.
If interest, please contact Stefan.Teerlinck@inagro.be.