EPFC ist coordinated by
- Stefan Teerlinck, Inagro, BE (LinkedIn profile)
- Damien Toner, Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM), IE (LinkedIn profile)
- Daniel Zarski, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, PL (LinkedIn profile)
- Tomáš Policar, Research Institute of Fish Culture and Hydrobiology, CZ
- Stefan Meyer, Chamber of Agriculture of the federal state Schleswig-Holstein, DE (LinkedIn profile)
EPFC Core Group (EPFC-CG)
Today the European Percid Fish Culture (EPFC) is a thematic group under the wings of EAS supported by five coordinators: Stefan Meyer, Tomas Policar, Stefan Teerlinck, Damien Toner and Daniel Zarski. Although this voluntary contribution has brought EPFC forward to where it is today, we feel EPFC needs to professionalize and go to the next level of cooperation and commitment.
Therefore, we present to you the EPFC-CG
What is the goal of EPFC-CG:
- Bring commercial and scientific stakeholders in the percid culture together in a closed group, with clearly defined rules of play, tangible added value and mutual respect for the individual position (e.g. IPRs, state of business)
- Identify the relevant bottlenecks, that prevent the further growth and success of the sector, translate these bottlenecks into relevant scientific, technical research questions in order to solve these bottlenecks. This list of research questions will be part of the EPFC strategic research and innovation agenda (EPFC-SRIA). The EPFC-SRIA will be a living document, that all EPFC-CG member can refer to and contribute his/her solution(s) and managed by the EPFC- CG manager.
What is the commitment you need to take as an EPFC-CG member?
- Contribution of 1000 euro a year for at least 3 years
- Help to clarify what the bottlenecks are that need to be solved in order to reach the EPFC-CG goals (see above)
- As research institute or R&D-oriented company, you commit yourself to prioritise your own research activities in line with the recommendations of the EPFC-SRIA and to communicate these activities and outcomes in due time with the EPFC-CG.
Company members will get for their financial commitment:
- Ability to steer the research performed by the core group R&D members (research institutions, R&D oriented companies)
- Get first hand access to research results
- First step towards joint cooperation among companies: for example, selection programs, strategies, …
- Customized communication (workshops, newsletter, stage places).
Research & development members will get for their financial commitment:
- Relevant complementary research topics within the core group,
- Research paper as backup for fund raising on national level (EMFF),
- Support in raising money as preferred partner in project consortium.
Got interested: please contact Stefan.email@example.com